New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen nothing in this sub-forum and has me wondering. I have never icefished but have been interested in starting.

·
Registered
129 Posts
yes fishing for trout in NB is open...there a few lakes with trout in them thats open for winter... a few lakes with nice trout in hopefully ill hit one or 2 lakes this winter....bought a power sa to go fishing this winter

·
Registered
457 Posts
No, I believe only certain lakes are open for icefishing starting 1 Jan 2011. I will try and find a link to the winter fishing rules and post it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
can anyone tell me what is available to ice fish here just moved from Ontario this summer and although I know I cant fish my beloved walleye here I would like to know whats available around the Moncton area I am willing to drive a few hours if necessary

·
Registered
3 Posts
can anyone tell me what is available to ice fish here just moved from Ontario this summer and although I know I cant fish my beloved walleye here I would like to know whats available around the Moncton area I am willing to drive a few hours if necessary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys, I moved here from Manitoba a year and a half ago, and am looking for info on fishing Perch and Trout. Appreciate any info at all. I am in the Oromocto area and am willing to drive an hour or two. Happy hardwater ventures.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i was wonderingif there ws any lake with decent trout in., im planning a trip next weekend and i have no clue wich lAKE HOLDS trout and anyone help me out?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
hanson stream res probabaley has the best ice fishing for trout, and that would be for specks, in southern/sw nb. of course, there is a "but"...lol! west long lake on the border and a few of the others attached to it has awesome land loch and lake trout and some specks too. both require the provincial license. you can try fisher lakes to, but don't expect much but small yellow perch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fisher Lake was stocked in the summer and again with 2000 in October especially for icefishing. People have been catching their limit of 10 to 12 inch trout daily best bait seems to be prawn but power bait has been working well too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was doing somw research and was looking at fishing Silver Lake in Sackville. Has anyone fished the lake? I have heard reports that there are some brown trout in the lake, is the true?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
it's not in the backwoods book, i haven't heard of any browns in that area, although 30 years ago they were stocked everywhere.
anybody else know of browns in silver lake? it's not on the ice fishing list so you would have to wait until may1 to try for them.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
still not in the backwoods book, but yes, under that name it is listed for ice fishing. it also goes by fawset lake too. it`s in Sackville i see.

i couldn`t find anything about the fish in it, all they mention is that it has fresh water jelly fish.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
they list it as being stocked with brookies often in fair numbers, so it should at least be worth while fishing. i still can`t find anything about browns there. you might have to try it and let us know what you caught. i have a buddy that`s from that area but he thinks lake trout are trout in a lake...lol
you might check with the local dnr office, they have been tracking fisher lakes quite closely, so they might be doing the same for this lake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts