New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has been having much luck on the Nashwaak catching Trout and if so please respond with what luck you been having and with what flies ........thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
18inchers caught at marysville bridge area, then at Tay, then up from Stanely. So they are way up there now..
These were not caught by me, I have only landed a few 12 inchers up from Mcgllagan bridge using double spinner and worm, and a couple 10inchers using crank bait. The 18inchers I think were caught using may fly, and another with worm and spinner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
18inchers caught at marysville bridge area, then at Tay, then up from Stanely. So they are way up there now..
These were not caught by me, I have only landed a few 12 inchers up from Mcgllagan bridge using double spinner and worm, and a couple 10inchers using crank bait. The 18inchers I think were caught using may fly, and another with worm and spinner.
Heard of people catching some on the fly right under the Marysville bridge but i have not had any luck as of yet and i have been out quite a few times

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
muddlers and green machines.. please go barbless with the GMs though cuz you'll likely be into parr..
yeah i have been trying Green machines with no luck ( i assume they are farther up river)have been bending in the barb but i will pick up some barbless at Fredericton Outfitters today or tomorrow

·
Registered
298 Posts
Here is something that will make you think talking about barbless. I was on the C&R section of the kennibacasis ( sorry for the spelling ) when I started my fishing i was using a mosquito and was nailing parr after parr. I switched to size 8 green machine with a sinking line and never hooked a parr after that a few small trout though. I'm glad you made the comment about barbless you gotta protect those little buggers. cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
I actually stopped fishing one spot because I was hooking so many parr... including a couple of 10 inchers with the bars almost faded out. I hope it means the Nashwaak might be making a comeback

·
Registered
69 Posts
Canoed the Nashwaak twice this season. Hooked a few trout in the 12" range and some parr.
There was a good return of salmon on the Saint John and Nashwaak last season, so lets hope they are making a comeback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts