New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'll let you know Friday. I'm heading there tommorrow morning till Friday morning.
I'm heading up either late tonight or early morning, have a couple days off. I was up last weds was a good day. Seen some "fresher" fish , but seemed like all the fish from july were still around. water was also getting on the low side so this rain should get things going again.
Heard there were fresh fish on the main river so hopefully something happens this week

·
Registered
77 Posts
was up fishing in doaktown area last night and today, hooked into four fish, three of them were quite bright!! tons of fish around, counted 57 jump just this morning. fish were hooked on rusty rats and yellow bug with a red butt, no.6's. Water was at a perfect level as of 12 pm as well. good luck boys

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was up fishing in doaktown area last night and today, hooked into four fish, three of them were quite bright!! tons of fish around, counted 57 jump just this morning. fish were hooked on rusty rats and yellow bug with a red butt, no.6's. Water was at a perfect level as of 12 pm as well. good luck boys
Saw lots of dark fish Sept 23-24-25 but no brights and they would not take any fly I had. all on the renous

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just got back home after heading up to the renous monday night .. arrived at 2 am :)hooked 5 fish and landed 3 tues. hooked 3 and landed 1 this morning. If you noticed the hooked to landed ratio you'll know why I am asking Santa for some new leader this year( I guess the wind knotts might have had something to do with it ) LOL. Fly's that hooked fish were Morrison(cause thats what I call it but isn't)-2, red butt green machine-3, shady lady-1, carters bug-1, Ally Shrimp-1.

PS- If anyone happens to land a fish with either a green machine Ally shrimp or Morrison in their mouth you'll know who's fly they were:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just got back home after heading up to the renous monday night .. arrived at 2 am :)hooked 5 fish and landed 3 tues. hooked 3 and landed 1 this morning. If you noticed the hooked to landed ratio you'll know why I am asking Santa for some new leader this year( I guess the wind knotts might have had something to do with it ) LOL. Fly's that hooked fish were Morrison(cause thats what I call it but isn't)-2, red butt green machine-3, shady lady-1, carters bug-1, Ally Shrimp-1.

PS- If anyone happens to land a fish with either a green machine Ally shrimp or Morrison in their mouth you'll know who's fly they were:)
That's good fishing! Fresh fish?

·
Registered
97 Posts
No not fresh but not too old.... didn't see any fresh fish showing either. Fished With zamboni-guy yesterday and this morning, sure was nice sitting in his pup last night temps got down nice and cool.He is up till Saturday with his wife they might strike it right water is diffidently good for bringing in the fresh fish

·
Registered
298 Posts
No not fresh but not too old.... didn't see any fresh fish showing either. Fished With zamboni-guy yesterday and this morning, sure was nice sitting in his pup last night temps got down nice and cool.He is up till Saturday with his wife they might strike it right water is diffidently good for bringing in the fresh fish
River I have your tri pod seat. Came back today after landing 2 grilse this morning both were dark but what a fight !! Wife hooked the 1st with an alleys shrimp, I hooked 15 min later with that purple grape ! heavy frost last nite had to dip the rod to melt the eyelets. Fished yesterday but the wind was crazy. and didn't see a fish at all. Both fish this morning were at HB pool. as you call it. I'm heading to N.S. for the weekend send me a PM to arrange to get your seat back .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Fished today up in Juniper and Deersdale. No fish jumping or showing. Kept busy breaking ice out of my guides and thawing out my finger tips.

Thats it for me for the season, no more opportunities to get out I doubt. Ordered the Topher Browne book that was advertised in the ASF journal, so I guess reading that and tying flies will keep me going till spring. Good luck to all you fall fishers!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Fished today up in Juniper and Deersdale. No fish jumping or showing. Kept busy breaking ice out of my guides and thawing out my finger tips.

Thats it for me for the season, no more opportunities to get out I doubt. Ordered the Topher Browne book that was advertised in the ASF journal, so I guess reading that and tying flies will keep me going till spring. Good luck to all you fall fishers!
I guess we just missed each other, I was at a couple pools from 1:30pm till dark. Quite a few showing at the 2nd pool I fished; raised four but I think three raises/grabs were the same fish. They were all "blacker than a boot". Saw quite a few partridge. The water is too low for my taste. I'll probably not go back until next weekend. The fish I was telling you about have moved on; I was hoping to see them today in the sunshine but you could see to the bottom and not one fish.You're right about the cold!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was on the renous on sunday, fished the pool for about 2 hours lots of fish showing also tried 4 or 5 different flies then as I went to the top of the pool there was I nice pull on my line female 22" 1/2 hour later buddy I was with hooked and landed the male 24" nothing after that, even at Quarryville didn't see a thing

but what a beautifull day on the water

1 - 14 of 14 Posts