New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Went fishing on the Canaan River this morning. . Trenton had promised us a full morning of bass fishing at his favourite haunts but obviously forgot to tell the bass that they were part of the equation. Oh well, no hard feelings towards Trenton (LOL) but Corey and I were wondering if he really caught those bass there or was a whiz at Photoshop. Ha Ha Sorry Trenton couldn't resist that little poke. Actually Corey and I are a bit jealous of the amount of bass you have hauled out of the Canaan this year so far. Today was just an off day.

Anyway, the point of this story is that Alward Brook (which flows into the Canaan River) should be renamed CHUB CREEK. We caught sooooo many really big chub there that it actually made us laugh and ended the morning on a good note. Thanks to my new fishing friend Trenton and my old regular fishing buddy, Corey for making this morning a good time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you want to catch chub in a different spot, drive up the road another 5 miles and fish the Fork Stream. Good for trout early in the year, but now she's pretty chubby.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hit the Canaan all around the Alward Brook area in late July and all to be had was small Chub. Little 6" fallfish. I'd like to wade the river early in the season looking for some trout, pickerel, and bass.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You won't see much beyond chub in those tributaries later in the year. I've seen smolts in some of em in July. Apart from that, meh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts