New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just needed to vent a little i guess... i have been fishing pretty much every day this week since sunday. and ive had some really good luck, landed a 15+ lb salmon, tagged 2 grilse and released another. not too bad i dont think. BUT yesterday a friend and i walked down to a pool on the NW miramich, to see a spinning rod in action along with a few night crawlers, guess buddy hauled one out from the top and bottom of the pool, but when we got there he was watching a woman cast a fly, they left shortly after we got there. today we went back up to the NW to try our luck again, and as we parked the truck and got ready a couple walked out and said there was 2 guys in fishing with worms... so we said GREAT... walked in and this time we see 2 fishing and throwing night crawlers top to bottom of the pool. boiled both our blood. it was hard to keep a tight lip. one buddy throwing the worm had a sobeys bag tied to his belt with a grilse in it, neither of them said anything just kept on fishing and we said the hell with it and started casting and going through the pool like normal... they stayed for about 20 more min after we arrived. but they forgot a nice 12'' trout on the bank for some odd reason... i guess the fish must have dried up in the main SW so now they have to come further up river to get enough fish for the winter... i can say one thing seeing this is not what the NW really needed at the moment...
anyone else feel the same as i do?

·
Registered
250 Posts
If they are First Nation folks all I can say is I'd rather see them fish with a rod than a net. Not much else you can hope for.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's probably the same guy that has been fishing there for a few years with lures. He's been doing this for a while and is indian.

If the word indian hurts anybody's feelings I don't care.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have heard of this character before and seen him myself last year on the Northwest (apparently has native status. So grin and bare it, guys.

·
Registered
79 Posts
just needed to vent a little i guess... i have been fishing pretty much every day this week since sunday. and ive had some really good luck, landed a 15+ lb salmon, tagged 2 grilse and released another. not too bad i dont think. BUT yesterday a friend and i walked down to a pool on the NW miramich, to see a spinning rod in action along with a few night crawlers, guess buddy hauled one out from the top and bottom of the pool, but when we got there he was watching a woman cast a fly, they left shortly after we got there. today we went back up to the NW to try our luck again, and as we parked the truck and got ready a couple walked out and said there was 2 guys in fishing with worms... so we said GREAT... walked in and this time we see 2 fishing and throwing night crawlers top to bottom of the pool. boiled both our blood. it was hard to keep a tight lip. one buddy throwing the worm had a sobeys bag tied to his belt with a grilse in it, neither of them said anything just kept on fishing and we said the hell with it and started casting and going through the pool like normal... they stayed for about 20 more min after we arrived. but they forgot a nice 12'' trout on the bank for some odd reason... i guess the fish must have dried up in the main SW so now they have to come further up river to get enough fish for the winter... i can say one thing seeing this is not what the NW really needed at the moment...
anyone else feel the same as i do?
I've got this great filleting knife I wear on my belt. If I were you I would have had a hard time NOT slashing their tires and driving away. and LOL @ indian. If I ever caught anyone poaching down here in my country. I'd end up unemployed and in jail for sure.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Let's not start a war; like it or not the Indians, Natives, First Nations, (or whatever new politically correct name they may be called) have Treaty rights that, like another member has mentioned on a previous thread, go back hundreds of years entrenched in the constitution that we can do nothing about. The BEST we can hope for is that they will only take what they can use for food hopefully with a rod and not a net.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts