New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
• Where: Salmon River
• When: Saturday June 4, 2011
• Breakfast: Queens County Inn 9 A.M 11:0 a.m.
• Prizes: 100% Cash payout 1s t -2nd - 3rd -4th and 5 th
• Designated Waters , From the Mouth of Little Forks to Rte # 10 Salmon River Bridge Chipman
• Fly ,Spinning and Bait casting Rods are only means of Capture.
• 2 Prizes of Spring salmon fishing (Spring 2012) sponsored by Queens county Inn and the Ledges Inn Doaktown
• Limited to First 50 entries only
• Tournament Hours from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. all participants must be registered by 12 p.m. June 4th, 2011
• 1 cash Prize per participant
• Entry Fee $20.00 breakfast included

Register at Goodwin fly shop or by Contacting Ralph Goodwin (327 6231) or Sam Daigle 385 2298

The Prizes amount to be determined by the Number of Entries. Only 1 Cash prize per entry. Fish to be registered by Weight Only up to and including two fish will qualify. Weigh in 8 p.m. Sharp.

Come out and Enjoy a day of Shad Fishing

·
Registered
125 Posts
• Designated Waters , From the Mouth of Little Forks to Rte # 10 Salmon River Bridge Chipman
• 2 Prizes of Spring salmon fishing (Spring 2012) sponsored by Queens county Inn and the Ledges Inn Doaktown
• Tournament Hours from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. all participants must be registered by 12 p.m. June 4th, 2011

Register at Goodwin fly shop or by Contacting Ralph Goodwin (327 6231) or Sam Daigle 385 2298

The Prizes amount to be determined by the Number of Entries. Only 1 Cash prize per entry. Fish to be registered by Weight Only up to and including two fish will qualify. Weigh in 8 p.m. Sharp.

Where could a person find this spot... Sounds very fun...

·
Registered
65 Posts

sounds like fun but i dont n=kbow the river and how to fish them

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have been fishing Shad there for quite a few years now it is great fun. Most of us fly fish but they can be taken just as well with Shad darts with a casting out Fit. the river is out side of Chipman, and Rte #116 runs next to it for nearly 30 km. There is no private Water o the river most places you have to access it through private property.... WARNing once you hook a few of them you will be addicted
they can burn up a fly reel with some of the big females.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Do you fish from shore or boat? If boat, is it motor boat, or can you fish via kayak or canoe?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fishing from Kayaks seems to be coming More popular, though I have not Personalty but many are. We also fish from Canoes and well as Wading if the water starts to Drop.

·
2,366 Posts
All rightey, then! I have a couple of questions:
-Do you need a live-well? If so, I'm out.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No live well need . We keep the first good Shad and then release the ones that are smaller as we catch them . There is no shame in killing a couple American Shad they have healthy numbers.

·
2,366 Posts
All rightey then. I beleive I'm "in"! I've never fished shad before. Any pointers on lures, bait, etc?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your Spin casting Shad darts are what to use you can get them at Wally World. If fly fishing they take a variety of Nymph type flies,there will be shad flies available for those interest the day of the tourney . Goodwin's fly shop locally sells a variety of tested patterns.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks Old Guide - is Goodwin's in Chipman? If I were going to fish from a canoe, where would you suggest that I put in? (I have a small outboard on the canoe, so I can move upstream or down without too much hassle).

·
Registered
22 Posts

What is limited to the first 50 entries prizes or the derby?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Twinsfan-Goodwin's fly Shop is in Minto He will have Shad flies available the morning of the Derby.If you are coming to the derby we will show you landings that are easily assessable, no problem to launch a canoe. A small out board is a great Idea, but not a necessity.

JJbeers - We limit the # of entries to 50. Just because of the breakfast but a few extra entries will not be turned away I am sure.

·
Registered
125 Posts
So how does it look for the weekend? I know there fishing them here in Saint John harbour....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have been getting fish this week . I was up Tuesday Night for 2 hrs 2 rods we hooked 4 and I landed and released this big female.. Try not to look too hard at the Secret fly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts