New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with a really nice guy yesterday. He told me that above the bridge on the restigouche there is a really nice open water pool called 4 mile pool. I am unsure about directions. Any help would be appreciated. Heading to the Kedgwick forks tomorrow hope the rain doesn't blow the river out.

Rpb

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was talking with a really nice guy yesterday. He told me that above the bridge on the restigouche there is a really nice open water pool called 4 mile pool. I am unsure about directions. Any help would be appreciated. Heading to the Kedgwick forks tomorrow hope the rain doesn't blow the river out.

Rpb
From what I hear the folks at Arpin "canoe the Restigouche" are willing to give info on the river and will know your lingo as well. Good luck! let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Rpb
I was under the impression that the only crown open water on the Restigouche was below (down river) the Matapedia. Where the river is quite wide.

Bill G.

·
Registered
250 Posts
A fisherman I met on the river told me he has had good luck on some open water on the little main R. close to a campground. Someday I will find it

·
Registered
250 Posts
The little main is open for 7 miles above Montgomery bridge at Kedgwick River. You need a boat/motor.
Thanks for the info! I guess I'll have to save for a boat/motor...well I have that but probably need a canoe/motor there or is there enough water for a 12foot aluminum boat?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts