New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm excited to announce that the 2012 Paddler's Fishing Derby is on!

Date: Saturday June 9th 2012 (one day)
Start time: 7am
End time: 5pm
Cost: $30 (free for kids 12 and under when accompanied by a participating adult)

All proceeds will go to the Oromocto River Watershed Association to help promote and protect this great watershed.

Similar to last year it is a multi-species tournament. The person who catches the greatest number of individual species wins. In event of a tie, the winner will be the person with the single largest fish.

In addition to great prizes for those who place in the tournament, every paid participant will also be entered in a draw to win a new kayak from Eco-Logical Adventures.

The Derby is open to anyone who is using a human powered watercraft - kayak, canoe, rubber raft, etc. No motors of any kind allowed.

For full details (rules, maps, directions and online registration) check out our website:
http://paddlersfishingderby.ca/

I look forward to seeing you at the tournament.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i plan to be there Bob. nice to get the info out early enough to make plans for.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ipop. Glad you will make it. I'm hopeful that having the details available early, along with ways to pre-pay will help make it easier for people to make it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone has any questions about the Derby at all, give me a shout. I'll be more than happy to answer them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I updated the original post to make sure people are aware that this is non-motorized fishing tournament. (canoes, kayaks, etc). Sorry for any confusion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts