New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya,great way to promote the sport,price people out of it!!! Guess there will be a lot more tidal water fishing,it's free.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
they are out of there freaking minds! i was going to get one like i did last year, just to fish oram, but i never used it last year and i'll find some place else that has way better access or just not fish fresh water ice! that is disgusting!!!!!!
it's a basic, if you are selling peanuts, that's what you get for it - small amounts of money. hopefully you sell a lot of them, thats how you make lots of money. somebody in the government needs to actualy learn this. i can't see anybody except novices to the sport paying that for something they basicly can't use. stupid stupid stupid. i hate saying this constantly about our dnr dept. they simply have to do better!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Over here in ns we use same open water license to ice fish...wonder how long before they ding us for a separate one to ice fish..very limited waters here to ice fish tho..

·
Registered
315 Posts
That is sick !!! $22 for an ice fishing lisence !!! I suggest we all write a letter to the powers that be , I think we should follow other areas lisencing policies... I would vote for a year long lisence ! I pay about $80 for a full years lisence in Maine and I dont even live in the country!!!! So in order to fish year round in my own province im looking at $50 or more ! Thats terrible !!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I havent purchased and Ice fishing lisence in a couple years but i thought it was aaround $10 bucks wasnt it?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i think it last year it went from $7 to 11.50

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
hmm. dfo posted an update in the paper a couple days ago, stating that it was for "new brunswick" waters. since it was dfo, not dnr, i thought they actualy ment jst that. now aftwer reviewing the dnr ice reg's, i think they were actualy refering to inland and int'l waters. doesn't that make it sooooo much easier to figure out?!! NOT!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
they are out of there freaking minds! i was going to get one like i did last year, just to fish oram, but i never used it last year and i'll find some place else that has way better access or just not fish fresh water ice! that is disgusting!!!!!!
it's a basic, if you are selling peanuts, that's what you get for it - small amounts of money. hopefully you sell a lot of them, thats how you make lots of money. somebody in the government needs to actualy learn this. i can't see anybody except novices to the sport paying that for something they basicly can't use. stupid stupid stupid. i hate saying this constantly about our dnr dept. they simply have to do better!
Good luck with Oram,ipop,I tried to get in this past Spring and someone had a LOCKED gate blocking off the road. Checked with the Hampton Ranger Station and no one there could help me! Is It private or what?

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Good luck with Oram,ipop,I tried to get in this past Spring and someone had a LOCKED gate blocking off the road. Checked with the Hampton Ranger Station and no one there could help me! Is It private or what?
I was once told that if there is only one road leading up to a lake, then that road is not to be locked nor blocked, even if the road was put there by a land owner to get to their land. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the link. No license required for SJ River...no fresh water ice fishing for me this year..too expensive. I do not see Hake (either species) listed. Are they classed as a sport fish?...anyone know?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts