New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so with the weather being what it is and after finally gettn my hands on some worms, i think im going to tryn' get my first sturgeon before the real winter weather kicks in.....

i've read over some of the forums and think i have a good idea of how get set up, but was wondering if anybody has some advice for a "sturgeon greenhorn"......mainly just what kind depth to fish in? and where would be the best place to launch this time of year?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Launch at Meenans Cove, go across the cove to Perry Point and then up river 4-1/2 to 5 Km or launch in Hampton and go down river about 5 km and fish where the Hammond River and Kennebecasis come together. Fish bottom, sturgeon are bottom feeders.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you have any luck when you went out. I was actually out in December of 2011 too. I was with a researcher from the university and we needed two sturgeon. There was a boat there when we arrived and they said they had already caught two. We ended up catching one and they caught a third and gave it to us. Just wondering if it was you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wouldnt have been me no.......i imagine you ran into "borealpete"....check out the pics in the sturgeon gallery and youll find'em

1 - 5 of 5 Posts