3 replies to this topic

#1 badbass

badbass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationmoncton

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:23 PM

Looking at a possibility of purchasing one of these kayaks. Anyone know who sells this model in or around NB?

#2 Retroboy

Retroboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

A lot of people here swear by Paul Wright of Eco-Logical Adventures, based out of Oromocto. Here's the site: http://ecologicaladventures.ca/ with available kayak types listed here (and call him if you don't see the specific one you want) - http://ecologicaladv...-angling-kayaks

Paul is a big sponsor of paddling-related fishing events in the province, having donated a number of kayaks over the years as prizes, and I've been told by a number of people that his customer service approach is excellent.

(I haven't bought from him myself so this is not a biased plug)

#3 Homebrew76

Homebrew76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:06 AM

Hi badbass,

Paul at Ecological Adventures is doing a special till the first of June.   He'll match the US MSRP on the Old Town and Ocean Kayak models in Canadian dollars.  If my math is correct, that would put the Predator XL Minn Kota at about $3100 on the road.   Just let home know I told him to give you that deal.  :-)

I've got a Predator XL (Utility Console) here in Quispamsis that we are giving away in August at the Hammond River Classic derby.   In the meantime, if you were interested, I'd be happy to take you out locally to give it a quick demo.   It's an amazing kayak.

There is a production issue with the Minn Kota right now delaying new orders till mid June.   However I believe if you do order a Minn Kota model you'll be able to receive the kayak with the EcoRidge floor at no extra charge and the Minn Kota console would then show up later in the summer.    Don't quote me on that though, you'd have to check with Paul to be certain.

Cheers,
joe

NB Kayak Fishing Blog
NB Kayak Fishing on Facebook

Greater Saint John Kayak Anglers  <-- Join us if you canoe or kayak fish around Greater Saint John!!

Want to catch a sturgeon?   Contact me for information on Guided Recreational Kayak Fishing in the Greater Saint John area, specializing in sturgeon fishing!

#4 styk

styk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:11 PM

I just picked up one with the EcoRidge floor Friday,  did some minor rigging to it and went fishing Saturday, 7 hours, what a great boat, the only water i got was from the paddle drips and entering/exiting the boat.  Even tried the standing position, that worked way better then i thought it would, kinda nice to have another position option.

Since I already own a trolling motor and a battery box, I think i will fab up a motor mount until the minnkota is available.

I would recommend this boat to anyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users