#1 reelingitupfishing

reelingitupfishing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hey, I seen a video on youtube of a guy fishing menzies lake near st. John and he was catching plenty of 3+ pounders on senkos. Just wondering, is this lake private at all? He was shore fishing it, does anyone know of anywhere to shore fish it that is good if the lake is not private? Im looking for some really good spots to fish bass this year seeing as I have been having an awesome one with them so far. Any info on this lake would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Here's The link to a video:
smallmouth at menzies lake NB

There is more videos of him with bigger ones too, so thanks in advance for any information guys!!!

#2 S blair

S blair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

Hey, I seen a video on youtube of a guy fishing menzies lake near st. John and he was catching plenty of 3+ pounders on senkos. Just wondering, is this lake private at all? He was shore fishing it, does anyone know of anywhere to shore fish it that is good if the lake is not private? Im looking for some really good spots to fish bass this year seeing as I have been having an awesome one with them so far. Any info on this lake would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Here's The link to a video:
smallmouth at menzies lake NB

There is more videos of him with bigger ones too, so thanks in advance for any information guys!!!

Hey reel that me on the videos what is it that you would like to know???
LET THEM GO THEY WILL GROW!!!!!!!

#3 Jim VE9WH

Jim VE9WH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
  • LocationSaint John, NB

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

That is Scott, he has a bunch of videos on youtube.

Jim VE9WH

#4 S blair

S blair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

I am no Dave mercer but i have fun too....lol
I must start my 2011 season it has been a while..
Coming soon
LET THEM GO THEY WILL GROW!!!!!!!

#5 reelingitupfishing

reelingitupfishing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

Hey I would like to know anything about fishing it. Am I allowed to fish it or is the lake private? Also, Is there a good spot to shore fish it and any additional info about the lake. Anything is appreciated, Thanks, have a good one!!

#6 Moodus

Moodus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

Its not private but the road in is locked, there is a really shitty road on the far side but you can really tear your vehicle to **** if your not careful. Menzies is a nice lake with nice bass, we went in once and the gate was open and on the way back out it was locked, a guy was coming along behind us and let us out but if he hadn't we would have been stuck.
A reel expert can tackle anything.

#7 Jim VE9WH

Jim VE9WH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
  • LocationSaint John, NB

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

Its not private but the road in is locked, there is a really shitty road on the far side but you can really tear your vehicle to **** if your not careful. Menzies is a nice lake with nice bass, we went in once and the gate was open and on the way back out it was locked, a guy was coming along behind us and let us out but if he hadn't we would have been stuck.

If you get stuck in there, just call Saint John City Works, I called for a guy that was stuck in there and they came over and unlocked the gate to let him out.

Jim VE9WH

#8 reelingitupfishing

reelingitupfishing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

If you get stuck in there, just call Saint John City Works, I called for a guy that was stuck in there and they came over and unlocked the gate to let him out.

Hey How long down are the roads to the lake? Would it be a long bike ride? Im willing to even take a bike down there if it is locked, I just wanna try some new bass fishing spots! Cause I have been doing so good this year with bass, i just dont want to fish anything else!

also do you or anyone else know if there are other species in the lake?

#9 Jim VE9WH

Jim VE9WH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
  • LocationSaint John, NB

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hey How long down are the roads to the lake? Would it be a long bike ride? Im willing to even take a bike down there if it is locked, I just wanna try some new bass fishing spots! Cause I have been doing so good this year with bass, i just dont want to fish anything else!

also do you or anyone else know if there are other species in the lake?

From the gate to the first contact with the lake is 3.3 kilometers, an easy bike ride and if you have a 4 wheeler, you can get around the gate quite easily.

Jim VE9WH

#10 reelingitupfishing

reelingitupfishing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

From the gate to the first contact with the lake is 3.3 kilometers, an easy bike ride and if you have a 4 wheeler, you can get around the gate quite easily.

Thanks alot for all your help! Now just to fish it! can't wait to try it. Thanks again man, you and s blair were a great help, it's people like you guys I like this site for!!!

#11 Quispamgolfer

Quispamgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

I fished Menzies 4 times this year after seeing video, once on boat and rest from shore.  I did not have any success catching the big ones.  Smallies I caught were all less than 10".

#12 TheRealCraigAC

TheRealCraigAC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

Quispam golfer, if you are ever interested in getting back out there and would enjoy some company, let me know!
If f = the optimal number of rods to own
and x = your current number of rods
then f = x + 1

#13 Quispamgolfer

Quispamgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

Thanks TheRealCraigAC I PM you

#14 barrymac93

barrymac93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

Where is the road with the gate?

#15 Jim VE9WH

Jim VE9WH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
  • LocationSaint John, NB

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

On the east bound side of the highway

near St John, NB
http://goo.gl/maps/9OZyR

Jim VE9WH

#16 barrymac93

barrymac93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:38 PM

Is it passable with a vehicle up to the gate? I'd like to go have a look

#17 dustinjm87

dustinjm87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

Would this be a good spot to take the gf and 6yr old boy for some good action. Don't care too much about size 10-12 inch bass is still a nice little fight.

Is it easy to fish from shore or is there lots of over hanging branches. Wanna get them out for some nice fishing before the weeds get to crazy and fruatrating for the little guy especially

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users