#1 remister

remister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

Anyone know if there are people renting shacks daily around the greater Moncton (shediac-boutouche-richiboutou) >?

#2 GoverL

GoverL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

Now....there's an idea.  Rent-a-shack...have to be one hell of a shack someone would want to rent.

#3 Stroover

Stroover

Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2366 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

It's the experience, not so much the luxury. :rolleyes: (At least that would be our shack's motto)

#4 FlyFlicker

FlyFlicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

on road 515, following the river from Ste-Marie de Kent to Bouctouche, about half way you will go over a culvert and see an inlet/cove to you left, and to your right in the main river there are usually a few shacks. A couple years ago, there were two transparent, dome-like fishing huts with a sign indicating they could be rented (10-15$ a day, I dont remember). I went fishing in this area a couple times with my own shelter, and caught a few (not many) smelts. I haven't been there recently, not sure if the domes are still there and /or for rent. Good luck with your search.

#5 GoverL

GoverL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

Experience for sure...especially within those fishing shack villages.

Was going to build a 6 x 12 shack this year...might still. Just need to find some 1/4 plywood...maybe 3/8" would work better.

#6 Stroover

Stroover

Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2366 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:08 PM

The thinner the better. Makes it lighter. Just insulate the inside with Styrofoam or whatever.

#7 remister

remister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

yeah flyflicker I went to that exact spot last year and the guy who rented it was super nice was only 5$ per person but his shelter was too close to shore barely a feet of water we ended up catching a few on high tide meanwhile other shelters further out were catching them by the hundreds, (altho its only line fishing which I  still enjoy) I would like to find a place that I could spear me some smelt I would like to show the woman and some friends how its done. I miss back home (Acadian peninsula) thats the only way we fish for it even better to go at night with a large white blanket at the bottom a generator plugged in and underwater light that would attract the smelt .

#8 lobsterman

lobsterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

I went to see him last year as well. He wasn't there at the time but I noticed the shack placement too and ended up not bothering. 

I'm NOT criticizing him. His spot likely seemed like the best spot to set up earlier in the season, or maybe the previous year.

I will try him again later this year to see if he has moved over into deeper water. I bet that he did exactly that.

#9 remister

remister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

Yeah If I can't find anyone else I would go there again I went last year through a friend of a friend would like to know his name or tel so I could call before driving up there.

#10 brunswicker

brunswicker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

yeah flyflicker I went to that exact spot last year and the guy who rented it was super nice was only 5$ per person but his shelter was too close to shore barely a feet of water we ended up catching a few on high tide meanwhile other shelters further out were catching them by the hundreds, (altho its only line fishing which I still enjoy) I would like to find a place that I could spear me some smelt I would like to show the woman and some friends how its done. I miss back home (Acadian peninsula) thats the only way we fish for it even better to go at night with a large white blanket at the bottom a generator plugged in and underwater light that would attract the smelt .

Ask HebertOutdoors about spear fishing, he has been doing I think this year. He should have some good info for you

#11 Joe Branscombe

Joe Branscombe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationCumberland Bay

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

On facebook a guys got one to rent 20 a day  350-0204 its on For sale hunting and fishing / a vendre chasse et peche NB & GASPÉSIE

#12 lobsterman

lobsterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

There's also a guy near Grande Digue that rents shacks but they are $50 per day.

I wouldn't pay $50 a day even for a hooker but, hey, you might be willing to do so for a smelt shack, I dunno.

You can find him on Kijiji. Rods and bait included, he says. 

He doesn't mention anything about hookers.

#13 remister

remister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

Thanks I actually went to that guy's shak last week. I had found the add on kijiji 50$ split by 3 guys aint too bad and the shak is propane heated we had a blast !!! no hookers tho altho I saw something in the water that I though might of been one but it turned out to be a crab :P

#14 lobsterman

lobsterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hookers with crabs.

$50 split between 3 guys will beat sitting home watching re-runs of Seinfeld any day! (and I like Seinfeld.)

Glad you got out and had yourselves a time.

Was there lots of room? Catch any fish?

I can't wait to get out. It's hard to find time between coyote hunting, family time, chores and oh yeah trying to earn a living.

#15 ailken

ailken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:39 PM

A couple years ago, I talked to a guy that stayed somewhere up the coast, closer to Bathurst I believe.

The guy that rented the cabin also had Ice shacks setup for the guests.

Anyone know what place that could be?

I know I am grasping, but it would be a perfect to take my family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users