New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

My Bait Recipe

Tags
bait
6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Atoqwa'su 
#1 ·
Take a piece of bread without crust (the size of a fist) and meshed potatoes. Put all this together in a ratio of 5:1 and stir until until the mixture is the consistency of the dough. Then add fat or margarine in order to give viscosity of this mass. Just add a little (about a pinch), sugar, honey, vanilla extract and soft cheese.

What is yours?

#2 ·
Don't have one; I use powerbait and when nothing's biting, sometimes add a pinch to a Rapala or grub to see if I can up the appeal. (Doesn't seem to make a difference but, heck, at least I'm trying something different so it FEELS like I'm being successful... :D )

What fish do you target with yours?

#5 ·
Brown bullheads don't get nearly as big as channel cats. 8 to 10 inches would be normal. You don't fillet bullheads but just skin them and leave the bone in (check out you tube for directions). So if your recipes would work for small fish with bone in they should be fine. There are lots of bullheads in the lower Saint John River in the wetlands and backwater areas. Other than myself I don't know anyone in NB who would eat a bullhead.iI prefer yellow perch to brown bullhead.

#6 ·
If you are moving to Moncton, I suggest you to take a look at the Striped bass recreational fishery on the East coast of New Brunswick. They can become very big, give a really good fight and are delicious tasting fish. The legal keeping size is from 50cm to 65cm and you can keep 1 per day but with a possession limit of 1. I fillet them and cut in small pieces to do fish and chips!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.