5 replies to this topic

#1 tazz750

tazz750

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationnerepis NB

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

looking to pick up a new kayak. anyone have suggestions on witch would be the better platform for fishing? ride 115 or 135?

#2 Retroboy

Retroboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

How big are you Tazz, and what type of waters do you normally fish (slow/anchored or swift current, row some to get there or put in where you fish)?

#3 Homebrew76

Homebrew76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Hey Tazz,

The man to see is Paul at Eco-Logical Adventures in Oromoncto, or Dan at Outdoors NB.   Both know their stuff. 

I just got the new Old Town Predator 13 and I can't say enough about it.   It's pleanty big and stable enough for me to take a child sitting on a footstool  in the rear, 5 or 6 rods, all my gear and food and fish for the day.    I can also take it out on the salt water, up around Reversing Falls,..etc and feel very safe and comfortable in the choppier waters.   Also, the seat is like a lawn chair and rediculously comfortable, and even can be set in a high or low position.

That being said the Predator is expensive and a bit heavy.

If you want to try out kayak fishing before you buy, your welcome to come out with the kayak fishing group, borrow one of my kayaks (or others in the group would probably make the same offer with one of theirs), and get a feel for what you want and don't want in a kayak to help you make a more informed decision.

Cheers,
joe

NB Kayak Fishing Blog
NB Kayak Fishing on Facebook

Greater Saint John Kayak Anglers  <-- Join us if you canoe or kayak fish around Greater Saint John!!

Want to catch a sturgeon?   Contact me for information on Guided Recreational Kayak Fishing in the Greater Saint John area, specializing in sturgeon fishing!

#4 tazz750

tazz750

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationnerepis NB

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

I'm 5'10" about 190lbs just fish lakes and rivers mostly but also like to just go out for a Paddle. I may also do the st Croix this year as well.

#5 tazz750

tazz750

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationnerepis NB

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

Just pick up the 135 thanks guys.

#6 Homebrew76

Homebrew76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

Excellent!    I am sure you will love it!    Go sign up in the Greater Saint John Kayak Anglers now and come fishing with us on some of our outings!    I know several of the guys have Wilderness Systems kayaks, though I don't believe any have that particular model.

Cheers,
joe

NB Kayak Fishing Blog
NB Kayak Fishing on Facebook

Greater Saint John Kayak Anglers  <-- Join us if you canoe or kayak fish around Greater Saint John!!

Want to catch a sturgeon?   Contact me for information on Guided Recreational Kayak Fishing in the Greater Saint John area, specializing in sturgeon fishing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users