9 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealCraigAC

TheRealCraigAC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

What do you guys bring for food when you know it will be a long day?

I received a freezer pack that is also a lunch box - it's supposed to be good for up to 10 hours.

I like simple sandwiches, cheese and crackers, a couple sugary snacks or a beer are nice too.

If f = the optimal number of rods to own
and x = your current number of rods
then f = x + 1

#2 yakbud

yakbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSaint John NB

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

Hey Craig how are things? I take my small cooler every time I go out fishing, I usually take a couple of hard boiled eggs,a sandwich 2 bananas and a couple of bottles of water and of course my thermos of coffee
"Many men go fishing all there lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after"

#3 Stroover

Stroover

Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2366 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

I always go to Subway and get a classic cold cut foot-long when I go to tourneys. Otherwise, I like to pack a few Quaker Oats snack bars, a couple of bananas, a couple hard boiled eggs, maybe a sammich or two.

#4 Retroboy

Retroboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

With me, it's the premium Taste of Nature nut/seed bars you get in the boxes at Costco (or Kashi granola bars if I'm out of the former). These are very filling and very small and not crazy-expensive if you buy 'em in bulk, so they fit nicely in my front console compartment within easy reach. They're not 'crisp' like many granola bars and you can practically bend them in a C-shape, so you're not dealing with crumbs a lot (although sticky fingers can occur if you're not careful unwrapping them.)

I also take a water bottle of lightly mint-flavoured water, made with Crystal Light mojito mix but watered down to about 20% of regular strength to avoid a sugary blast. 

A pic of the bars: https://encrypted-tb...Z-8Hu_Ztz0LLE_w

I find that when I'm out on the water I'm so distracted by fishing that I don't feel the need to eat very much... but as soon as I get to shore I'm famished. 

#5 Homebrew76

Homebrew76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:30 AM

Jerky from the butcher there in Rothesay. Can't beat it for snacks through the day.

Cheers,
joe

NB Kayak Fishing Blog
NB Kayak Fishing on Facebook

Greater Saint John Kayak Anglers  <-- Join us if you canoe or kayak fish around Greater Saint John!!

Want to catch a sturgeon?   Contact me for information on Guided Recreational Kayak Fishing in the Greater Saint John area, specializing in sturgeon fishing!

#6 TheRealCraigAC

TheRealCraigAC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

All good ideas. Some other I've come up with are: Bulk bin snacks, peanuts, cube meat for kebab (if you can make a fire). All about the protein!

If f = the optimal number of rods to own
and x = your current number of rods
then f = x + 1

#7 SG_Noodles

SG_Noodles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

I like the Triple Threat Power Bar Protien Bars, and PB&J sandwiches with a big ol bottle of Gatorade. This was my staple when I rented some kayaks last year for fishing.

#8 Retroboy

Retroboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

And here I thought you'd eat noodles.

:D

#9 SG_Noodles

SG_Noodles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

:lol:

Carbo load before hitting the water, Psghetti for B-Fast!!! 

#10 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts
  • Locationsaint John, N.B.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:46 AM

I mostly take water, a power bar of some kind, maybe a sandwich, more often some sweet and sour candies these days. it depends how long I'm going out. some times hot dogs or steak for the fire.

Who ever has the most fishin' gear when they die wins!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users