Kayak Group outing - May 23rd Wheaton Lake - Canoes/Kayaks - New Brunswick Fishing

Photo

Kayak Group outing - May 23rd Wheaton Lake

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Homebrew76

Homebrew76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

The Kayak Group's next outing is May 23rd out at Wheaton Lake searching for Smallmouth bass.    If you interested in joining the group, please sign up here so that we can manage the logistics.    If the weather cooperates, there is the option of camping Saturday night!

https://sites.google...ay-23---wheaton

This past Saturday there was apparently a dozen or more kayakers out on the Hammond with everyone catching fish.   I wish I could have been there!    Hopefully everyone had a great time!

Cheers,
joe

NB Kayak Fishing Blog
NB Kayak Fishing on Facebook

Greater Saint John Kayak Anglers  <-- Join us if you canoe or kayak fish around Greater Saint John!!

Want to catch a sturgeon?   Contact me for information on Guided Recreational Kayak Fishing in the Greater Saint John area, specializing in sturgeon fishing!

#2 bakeapples

bakeapples

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

Here's a thought to get your hamster wheel going -

If it is smallmouth you are targeting and you are going to go that far, why not just do Lake Utopia and use Wheaton as a backup if there is too much wind?

#3 TheRealCraigAC

TheRealCraigAC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Hi All,

I'm in for wheaton lake Saturday. Won't be camping as I have a housewarming party that night.

Can't wait to get out and catch some hogs! Last weekend on the hammond I hooked into a big smallie but he leaped right outta the water and spit my hook out. I think he could have beaten my personal record of 18".

If f = the optimal number of rods to own
and x = your current number of rods
then f = x + 1

#4 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts
  • Locationsaint John, N.B.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

utopia would be a good back up for  west long lake, but weaton is much more kayak/canoe friendly

Who ever has the most fishin' gear when they die wins!

#5 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts
  • Locationsaint John, N.B.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

so far both Sat and Sun. weather looks good - so is Sat best for everybody?

Who ever has the most fishin' gear when they die wins!

#6 Homebrew76

Homebrew76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

Just a quick bump on this thread as we are a half day or so away and the weather is looking pretty decent.   Anyone wanting to check out Wheaton Lake for smallies, or try out kayak or canoe fishing in a friendly group setting should give this outing a thought.  We will be spending the day on Wheaton Lake, and there is the possibility of camping there tomorrow night.

For more details and to sign up check out the following link.   Any questions you can PM me or post them here!

https://sites.google...ay-23---wheaton

Cheers,
joe

NB Kayak Fishing Blog
NB Kayak Fishing on Facebook

Greater Saint John Kayak Anglers  <-- Join us if you canoe or kayak fish around Greater Saint John!!

Want to catch a sturgeon?   Contact me for information on Guided Recreational Kayak Fishing in the Greater Saint John area, specializing in sturgeon fishing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users