Kayak Fishing Group - First get together - Canoes/Kayaks - New Brunswick Fishing

Photo

Kayak Fishing Group - First get together

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Homebrew76

Homebrew76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Hey guys,

Just to let folk know, we had our first get together of the newly minted Greater Saint John Kayak Anglers group today.   Of the 30 or so people that have either joined through the web page or liked our Facebook page, we had 11 present which wasn't too shabby.

I brined and smoked some pickerel which Ipop had caught this winter Ice Fishing and the last of the 48 inch sturgeon I had caught this past November with my kayak anchor, both of which turned out great and was devoured fairly quickly.

We came to a consensus of some group policies and encouraged behavour, and then came up with a preliminary calendar for our outings through the year.    All of this is posted on our website should anyone want to check it out.

You can follow the link to the April 5th meeting page for a couple pictures and such.

Anyone is welcome to join, assuming you have or are planning to get a kayak or canoe!  if this looks interesting to you, then by all means come fish with us!

Cheers,
joe

NB Kayak Fishing Blog
NB Kayak Fishing on Facebook

Greater Saint John Kayak Anglers  <-- Join us if you canoe or kayak fish around Greater Saint John!!

Want to catch a sturgeon?   Contact me for information on Guided Recreational Kayak Fishing in the Greater Saint John area, specializing in sturgeon fishing!

#2 Salmonman

Salmonman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

Seems like a lot of interest...growing sport indeed!

#3 yakbud

yakbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSaint John NB

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Had a good time with the group yesterday, good people , excellent smoked fish :) ....Thanks again Joe and family for hosting :)

"Many men go fishing all there lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after"

#4 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts
  • Locationsaint John, N.B.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

thanks again for hosting the meet Joe, well done and a great group of yakers! welcome!

Who ever has the most fishin' gear when they die wins!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users