3 replies to this topic

#1 Four O's

Four O's

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

Hi All

Any one have an idea how far up the Canaan River I can go with a 17 ' Crestliner Fish Hawk from the St John River? could a guy make Hunters Home ? when it warms up of course :)

#2 lobsterman

lobsterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:36 AM

I have tried a few times in the past to get beyond the campground that is just up from Coles Island during summer water levels and failed each time. I have a 16 foot aluminum open boat, usually two guys aboard. We hit rocks each time so I quit trying.

HOwever I do see the odd boat at the campground. How they get out of there with their hulls and lower units intact, I dont know but apparently it is doable.

Certainly more doable in higher water but I don't know about getting to Hunter's Home.

#3 Four O's

Four O's

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

Ya on google maps it looks a little sketchy ,,,,, was looking at putting a cottage up in the area but would hate to be locked in

#4 Mudden81

Mudden81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

I have a 16ft grumman utility boat I use on the Canaan river sand 40 up outboard with prop. I can get up about 2km past river run campground. In the fall it's worse and I have to use my electric trolling motor and stand up front to balance the boat. From river run to Coles island is good in most spots but you need to be careful as there are low spots and having a fish finder is a must.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users