smallies near Kouchibouguac park ??? - Smallmouth Fishing - New Brunswick Fishing

Photo

smallies near Kouchibouguac park ???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rook

Rook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:41 AM

probably staying here for at least a few nights as well.... any opportunities for smallies ( or other fish ) in this general area ???  thanks in advance...Rook

#2 lobsterman

lobsterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

No smallies anywhere even close to Kouchibouguac I'm afraid.

#3 remister

remister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

Lots of striped bass there and around that area. Also nice trout fishing in some of the brooks in the park but you have to get a daily licence to fish in the park. I recommend you head out towards St Louis de Kent or Baie st-Anne and fish the wharfs in those areas for striped bass or even mackerel...

Cheers

Rem

#4 Rook

Rook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for the intel....other than live bait...what can I throw for stripers ????  Answers much appreciated !!!!  Rook

#5 remister

remister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

sand eels swim bait work really well / also the storm wild eye live herring also work really well!  If your fishing after dark(which is usually striper feeding time) try and use something really bright and shiny (white yellow pink). Stripers will hit anything they see...  There is a wharf in the park that you can fish off but make sure you get your daily licence. I read somewhere that you are not allowed to keep any if fishing in the park but I'm not sure about that so if I were you id ask once you get there.

Cheers

Rem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users