• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rook

Rook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

Coming in from Ontario in early Sept. and will be staying at the park for almost a week. Was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of smallies within a reasonable drive ????   Any other species available there ( other than Atlantics I mean ) ....thanks in advance !!!!!  Rook

#2 lobsterman

lobsterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

Hi Rook, I'm no expert but, to my knowledge, the closest you'll find smallies is in Hampton, about an hour's drive west of the park, where the Kennebecasis River flows through the town. Check Google maps. You an easily fish from shore from the town dock and downstream from there, partially thanks to low water conditions.

You might also have luck at Darling's Island, just downstream from Hampton. You'll find an old covered bridge on the main road across the island. You'll see the walking paths from people who fish from the shore nearby.

#3 Rook

Rook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:06 AM

thanks Lobsterman... will try to check out those areas when out there !!!

#4 Mikkmann

Mikkmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationRiverview NB

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

Lobsterman is correct in his locations; I have fished both spots for smallmouth in the past (although it was several years ago) and had better luck in Hampton as opposed to Darlings Island. Also, if you try there do not neglect directly under the steel bridge, there is a spot to park along the road towards Kredls Market. There is a deep hole under the bridge where the locals swim and I had luck with smallmouth there.

#5 militaryfisher1

militaryfisher1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

there is also small mouth bass in Horton Lake which is much closer to Fundy (Alma area). Fished there twice this summer.

#6 Mikkmann

Mikkmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationRiverview NB

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

I had completely forgotten about New Horton having smallmouth; probably because I've never fished there and it is access by permission only.

#7 Rook

Rook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

permission only ??? ouchie....guess that rules it out for me ... thanks for all the intel by the way and will test my luck out for sure !!!  Rook

#8 Mikkmann

Mikkmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationRiverview NB

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

The issue with New Horton Lake is that all the land surrounding it is privately owned and you must get permission to access it. There are a number of individuals on the forum who have fished it before and can give you information on who to contact.

#9 militaryfisher1

militaryfisher1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

yes you do need permission. I have a contact # if you decide you want to try it.

#10 Rook

Rook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for the contact, will let you know if we get our schedule in order to take advantage of that !!!!!!!! Rook

#11 sophiagrace

sophiagrace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

I'm  too agree with @militaryfisher1

There is mouth bass in Horton Lake available which is very close to Fundy you can try that @closer to Fundy 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users