6 replies to this topic

#1 PaulMck902

PaulMck902

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

Hey guys,
I was looking to get some info on fishing in the Fredericton area. I currently am set up for smallies as that is what I am used to fishing in NS. Was wondering what areas people suggest this time of the year? From what I have read anywheres along the SJ river is good but is there particular spots that are better this time of the year then others? I understand the river is high so it most likely isn't great fishing right now but would headpond be something to look at? Just looking for some guidance.
Thanks

#2 Old Guide

Old Guide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationClarks Corner , /Between Fredericton and Jemseg

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

If you want to try for Muskies trolling From the pm Bridge to the Westmoreland bridge is a good a spot as any.. For smallies anywhere in the Nashwalk River from its mouth to the  Penniac Bridge area when conditions improve.

The Son of a Coal Miner and Dam proud of iT !

#3 stafman

stafman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOromocto Watershed

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

The nashwaak would definitely be a great place to target smallies in the areas that Old Guide mentioned. 

The water is my church. 

#4 PaulMck902

PaulMck902

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

Thanks fellas, appreciate the info. Looks like it will be quite sometime before the water levels drop. Be waiting patiently until then.

#5 SG_Noodles

SG_Noodles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

Paul, the mouth of the Nashwaak is usually very productive when the water reaches normal levels. Be careful though when they say going up as far as Penniac Bridge, because I believe that on July 1st (or June 1st, I can't remember, and don't have my book handy) the stretch of the Nashwaak above Marysville bridge becomes Fly only. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. Another couple good spots for SMB is the Oromocto Marina, all along the banks there, and up the Oromocto River.

#6 hlmrk

hlmrk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

Hey Guys, new here- and relatively new to fishing but my main target is Smallies as well! But I found the Saint John up river from the dam (Dumfries) is amazing- with access to a boat,  as well as the Oromocto as SG said. Gagetown ferry crossing is a good spot also once the river goes down (lots of rocks underwater for the bass to hit around), and out in Sunpoke (you may need a truck depending on time of year). As far as the Naswaak, I have fished the area where it meets the Saint John around the walking bridge with great luck, not much in size but lots of bites. Good luck and happy fishing! 

#7 PaulMck902

PaulMck902

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

Has anyone had any luck in the Fredericton area recently? Had some luck at the mouth of the Nashwaak recently. Found the water was still pretty murky there. Went up river with a lot more action. How is Killarney Lake? Just trying to expand my areas.
Thanks 🎣

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users