#1 mmoore

mmoore

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMinto

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:26 PM

Anyone been on the ice there yet? Looking to get a fresh feed of smelts around Christmas. Only looking to walk out with the portable.

Thanks!
M

#2 Striperfan

Striperfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

There is not that much ice! On Water street, behind Hanney's car place, there is some ice forming in the inlet, but the main channel is still open! There maybe an inch or two, but I wouldn't take any chances! I went by there today, the ice is covering most of the river, except the main channel, and a few spots here and there! I have been told by a few people, that in Bedec, in Richibucto-Village, as far back as last week, some people have been fishing on the ice, in the small inlet, but I'm very skeptical, but I know some guys that are crazy and dumb enough to try! I would wait at least until the end of the week, if the cold weather wants to stay around! Not like yesterday, with all that rain! I would love a good feed of smelt for Christmas, that's probably one my favorite Christmas gifts ever!

#3 Atoqwa'su

Atoqwa'su

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:24 PM

On Christmas day there was 8" to 10" in Aldouane with a few shacks out at the stop sign at Pointe de l'Eglise.

#4 gmaze

gmaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:51 PM

Any update on ice and smelt conditions in Rexton ? Thinking of heading there this weekend to try catch a  feed if all good. Thanks 

#5 mmoore

mmoore

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMinto

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:55 AM

Haven't measured it, but there's enough ice there for sure. more than 12''.   People have had vehicles on the ice by the church.   The main channel is still open in places. 

Fishing has been hit and miss according to most people.   Some have had days where a limit could be caught in 30 minutes, others had days where they caught 5 smelts all day. 

I'll be there tomorrow in a red quickfish3, stop by for an update and a coffee if you wish!

Cheers! 

#6 gmaze

gmaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Thanks Matt, might take you up on the offer

#7 fish monger

fish monger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

Just a heads up guys,anyone with a shack off Renforth or Cameron road! There was about 6" of water on my shack floor yesterday,took me an hour to dig it out.Lots of shacks froze in by the look of it!Don't know where all the water and slush came from but it's a mess out there! Also was talking to a buddy at Renforth yesterday after I dug out,he tells me there were 3 or 4 shacks broken into,lots of stuff stolen.If you have anything worth stealing you might want to take it home with you.You might think that a 4 or 5 year old generator or stove or even a couple rods aren't worth much,but just try and replace them and see what it costs today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users