#1 dcpaterson

dcpaterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHampstead NB

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

"Fishing for Memories" is a family based charity fishing tournament in support of the Alzheimer Society.

This will be the 2nd year for an annual event. Your support can make this happen year after year.

There will be an entry fee of $25 for adults, Youth 12-18...yrs $10 and Under 12 free. Prizes for each class will be based on a percentage of entry fees and also donations from sponsors.

Anyone interested in helping organize, or just in attending please contact me and hopefully we can put together a fun day of fishing and support a good cause at the same time.

Rules & Regulations
1. This will be a live release tournament for Pickerel only.
2. Only live fish in releasable condition will be measured.
3. Compliance with all Fisheries & Boating regulations is the responsibility of each competitor.
4. Minimum fish length of 15 inches to be counted.
5. Winner in each class will be determined by the combined length of the three(3) longest fish as measured by tournament officials.
6. Any decision made by tournament officials is final.
7. Only fish caught during the event will be counted (no pre-fishing).
8. All fishing must be done within the boundaries as set out by tournament officials.
9. Prizes will be determined for each class based on donated prizes.

Rules are subject to changes. Final rules will be posted no later than June 1, 2013

Feel free to invite anyone and everyone......The bigger the turnout, the bigger the prizes and the more help we can provide an organization that needs it.

Donald Paterson
(506)468-9098
[email protected] or [email protected]

#2 Twinfan

Twinfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSussex, NB

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Do you have a date and location?
Experience is the toughest school. The test always precedes the lesson.

#3 dcpaterson

dcpaterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHampstead NB

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Sorry, Hampstead Wharf, roughly 5km north of the Evandale Ferry on Route 102. June 23, 2012, 8am start time

#4 dcpaterson

dcpaterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHampstead NB

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/325550457472464/

If anyone is on Facebook, here is the link to the full event page

#5 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts
  • Locationsaint John, N.B.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

i will do my best to be there. that`s a good cause to raise funds for.
Who ever has the most fishin' gear when they die wins!

#6 Stroover

Stroover

Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2366 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

I think I'll be able to make it. However, when you say "live release only", how is that gonna work? Do we need a live well, or do you mean CPR (catch photograph release)?

#7 dcpaterson

dcpaterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHampstead NB

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

We will be measureing fish on shore continuously through the day. You don't really need a full functioning live well, but you do need a container large enough to hold a few fish. I have done tournaments using a Rubbermaid tote and used a plastic water pitcher to change the water from time to time to keep the fish alive. We may also have a boat on the water, traveling around doing measurments on the water, but that has yet to be confirmed for sure.

#8 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

we may have to rig up live wells for the yaks, or use the dollar store fish bags. i saw tounement bags at dorions today, and i thought they might make an easy kayak live well. i don't think i want to run the pickerel on a stringer over the side - too many teeth!

#9 dcpaterson

dcpaterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHampstead NB

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for your interest guys. Now that I know we may have participants in kayaks, I'm going to work harder to make sure we have a boat on the water to do some measuring. Want to make the playing field level for everyone so we'll do our best to accommodate.

#10 BobD

BobD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Sounds like a fun time. I wish I could participate, but I have family obligations that entire weekend. Good luck!

#11 NBFisherMann

NBFisherMann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMoncton, New Brunswick

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

It sounds like it's going to be a fun time Donald. Pickerel fishing is a blast and I wish you the best of luck.

#12 NBFisherMann

NBFisherMann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMoncton, New Brunswick

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Glad I contacted you Donald

I took the information you gave me and added it to three of my fishing blogs. Maybe others on this forum will do the same thing for such a great cause.

#13 Stroover

Stroover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2366 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

How does a tournament bag work? I don't want to be dragging anything in the water with my kayak. Makes for HARD paddling!

#14 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

think of the tourney bag as a soft sided fish well, you would sit it up on your yak. the dollar store fish keeper bag/net is used over the side and you have to pull it up to paddle any distance. neither is perfect for the yak but would take up less space than the big cooler needed for the size pickerel we would be hoping to catch...lol!

#15 dcpaterson

dcpaterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHampstead NB

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Pre-Registration is now available in the Saint John area. Please stop into Doiron Sports Excellence on Greenhead Rd or TRTC/Irving Convience in Brown's Flat to register and qualify for our early bird draws.

#16 dcpaterson

dcpaterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHampstead NB

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

Pre-Registration now available at Law's Shell in Upper Gagetown, Exit 330 off the Trans Canada.

#17 Stroover

Stroover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2366 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

think of the tourney bag as a soft sided fish well, you would sit it up on your yak. the dollar store fish keeper bag/net is used over the side and you have to pull it up to paddle any distance. neither is perfect for the yak but would take up less space than the big cooler needed for the size pickerel we would be hoping to catch...lol!

What are you going to use, and where do I get one?

#18 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

i`ll check out the tourney bags tonight or tomorrow at dorion`s to see if they will work. if not i have a couple other solutions.

#19 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

i just checked and the tourney bags are to short for the fish we are planing to catch (monsters of course!! lol!). i`m thinking what i refer to as "striper bags" will work for the sot kayaks. these are just the bigger liquor store bags, the heavy duty large white ones. big enough for most pickerel and fairly tuff too (most bags shred when you put a striper into them, these are heavier plastic and can be reused several times.) not as convienent, see through or tuff as the tourney bags but i think they will do. we will have to test them a couple times - gee, another reason to go fishing!

#20 dcpaterson

dcpaterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHampstead NB

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Prize list is coming together. Early Bird Draw for all those registered before June 9, 2012. Early Bird prize package: Rod & Reel Combo provided by JDI Woodlands(Sussex) and a $25 Gift Certificate from Fredericton Outfitters and Anglers(total package value $155).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pickerel, tournament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users