• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skooter

skooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:59 AM

Hi all, quick question in regards to season length and boundaries; the Fish book states Oromocto River (including North and South Branches) open til Oct. 15, downstream of Route 101.  Are they referring to where you first cross the river in Blissville, or are you able to fish up to the bridge crossing in Fredericton Junction?

Thanks.

#2 Brent

Brent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Locationrusagonis

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:33 PM

Excellent point!!!!

The 101 bridge in F'ton Junction crosses the North Branch and the 101 bridge in Blissville crosses the South Branch. So the answer in broadest interpretation would be Yes and Yes.  I have no idea why the summary is worded as awkwardly as it is.  It implies that the entire Oromocto River (in which they parenthetically include the North Branch) is open til Oct 15; and that the South Branch Oromocto, which appears NOT to be included in the previous definition of the Oromocto River, is open til October 15 FROM THE 101 BRIDGE, DOWNSTREAM.

Personally, I'd seek a written answer from DNR on that one, although I expect any judge would find in your favour if you were fishing downstream of either bridge on the 101.

Note also that the Oromocto River downstream of Pride's Landing (just outside F'ton Junction is considered tidal, so the season from there to the mouth is open til Nov 30th.

brent

#3 skooter

skooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for info Brent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users