#1 SeriousFisher

SeriousFisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationSaint John, NB

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

So just a few questions for anyone with past exprience of these baits, Have any of you tried or what do you think of PowerBaits and Berkley Baits in general? I bought Berkley PowerBait* Power Minows 2" Minows(18 count), Berkley Gulp* Earthworms, Berkley PowerBait* Trout Bait(Orange floating) and also bought Berkley PowerBait Trout Attractant(Liquid).

Have you tried any of these ? How well did they Work? Would you use them? Do you like any of these specificly?

and in the order that I'll list thre prices and all were bought at Wal-Mart east saint john :D :
1. 4.97
2. 6.97
3. 4.95
4. 6.95

Thier ya go if ya were wondering on info of prices and store :D Thanks for looking guys !
If you aren't catching fish, Hook up a new Dish !

#2 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts
  • Locationsaint John, N.B.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

i use power bait for just about everything. i don`t actualy use it for trout often, but i was landing brookies on it ice fishing this winter. it works on anything that normally hits any type of worm.
i haven`t had much luck with the liquid trout atteactant but i haven`t used it very often.
Who ever has the most fishin' gear when they die wins!

#3 Stroover

Stroover

Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2366 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

I've only used Gulp Alive, and that was this winter ice fishing. It worked well, but if anybody nearby was fishing with real bait, I find the fish's attention would get diverted over to them. You have to "re-charge" it after about ten minutes or so, also.

#4 trout_stalker

trout_stalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

I use both Berkley powerbait and Gulp earthworms, only in the natural colour for brookies. They don't seem to go for the orange or pink in my experience. Generally, they seem to like 'em just as much as the real thing. However there are days when I've almost given up then would switch to the real worms, or a spinner or jig, and hook one on the next cast. But hey, that's fishin'. If they aint biting, switch it up or move on up the stream.....

I had a jar of yellow powerbait dough last year, and after an hour of nothing I flicked it in the tackle box. It sat there until August when I discovered that Mackerel absolutely love the stuff, and I never tried troutin with it again.

Now steelhead on the other hand Love the bubblegum pink worms. I landed many last summer back home in PEI with them, and I'm betting the steelhead in Crooked Creek down in Albert County will like them just as much this summer. Watch some youtube vids of the boys fishing steelies on the west coast and you'll see what I mean. They go nuts for the pink, whether its worms or jigs.

The main reason I like artificial worms oppossed to live ones is their re-usability. I'm constantly re-baiting when I use live, whereas I've caught as many as 7 trout using the same artificial. Even if you don't hook up, the fish hitting the live worm tend to tear it to shreds, and though it still may work for a couple of casts, presentation goes out the window.

#5 SeriousFisher

SeriousFisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationSaint John, NB

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for sharing Trout_Stalker ill deffinatly check out them videos to !
If you aren't catching fish, Hook up a new Dish !

#6 pond jumper

pond jumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

I use the gulp alive stuff and find it really good, particuarly on bass and pickerel and use certain gulp baits to tip as trailers on bass and pickerel lures, have caught a few through the ice with it but not nearly as many as live bait...but in areas live bait is illegal in the summer its great stuff..the other powerbait i havnt had a lot of luck with except the earthworms, i find they will work on trout if you happen to find yourself in a good beaver pond and run out of or realize you dropped your worms, thats why buy a jar and stuff it in my back pack i always take with me...not as good as real but will do as a good second best

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Berkley, Bait, Wroms, Trout, saint john, New Brunswick, PowerBait, Minow, fish, fishing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users