6 replies to this topic

#1 Muskietackler

Muskietackler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBarrie, Ontario

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

I had 4 cranks(2 rapala HJ-14, One Ripplin Redfin, One Bomber Long A) that wouldnt run true due to chipped paint. So i stripped the paint off and hit em up with some flourescent orange and black tiger stripes, painted some eyes on and game them 2 coats of envirotex.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here is the contraption i put together so i could coat 4 lures at once and not have to buy anything...made from a broken salvaged shoe rack and some dowels. Works great!
Posted Image

#2 Muskietackler

Muskietackler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

This round of custom painted lures i wanted to give the fish some colour schemes they have never seen before. SO armed with some Krylon spraypaints, a roll of grid drywall tape, and some painters tape i went to work. I cant wait to get these coated with envirotex and try them out!! I find its much easier to get quality pics before coating the lures with the near mirror like envirotex topcoat. As i was looking at the lures i thought up some amusing names for the different paintjobs.(yeah, yeah small things amuse small minds...lol)

Green Gridded Bass (southern toxic version)
Ingredients:
Undercoat- Colour Place white 3 coats
Basecoat- Flourescent Green
Belly Overcoat- Colour Place White
Back Overcoat- Colour Place Black
Side Overcoat- Krylon Silver

Posted Image

RedBacked Running Rudder
Ingredients:
Undercoat- Colour Place white 3 coat
Basecoat- Krylon Silver
Belly Overcoat- Colour Place White
Back Overcoat Stage 1- Krylon Ruddy Brown
Back overcoat Stage 2- Colour Place Black
Side Overcoat- Krylon Yellow

Posted Image
Posted Image

Citrus Scotsman
Ingredients:
Undercoat- Colour PLace White 3 coats
Basecoat- Krylon Yellow
Belly Overcoat- White
Back Overcoat- Colour Place Black
Grid Side Overcoat Stage 1- Yellow
Grid Side Overcoat Stage 2- Flourescent Blaze Orange

Posted Image
Posted Image

Bee 52 Bomber
Undercoat- Colour Place White 3 coats
Basecoat- Krylon Yellow
Bee Stripes and Back Overcoat- Colour Place Black
Belly Overcoat- Krylon Yellow

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wow were these fun to paint!!

#3 Muskietackler

Muskietackler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Muskietackler

Muskietackler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Oops sorry about the misguided title...the tutorial is the other thread i made with the same title in this category. If a mod can change this title to "Custom Painted Lures" that would be great.

#5 Jay (Fisherpunk)

Jay (Fisherpunk)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

WOW these are just awesome! great work! I bet every one of these will catch fish! my favorite is the magnum countdown. reminds me of oldschool body paint for roadsters!
I may have never met you, but when I do, we will always have a story to tell. We will always have something to debate. You will always something I can learn from and I will always have something to share with you. We are all Anglers, and I will always consider you to be a friend.

#6 Muskietackler

Muskietackler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the info and the compliments!

So far:
Flour Orange Husky jerk and CC ripplin redfin- quite a few pike...finish holding up very well considering, nothing huge...yet. ;)
Green Gridded bass- nothing yet...havent thrown it too much though.
RedBacked Running Rudder- One 4lb largemouth bass last summer.
Citrus Scotsman- Nothing yet..thrown it out quite a bit too!
B-52 Bomber- My #1 largemouth bass crankbait last year! Nailed a 22" largemouth in 2 feet of water last summer and proceeded to hit 4 other bass that day over 3 pounds.
J-13 Yellow stripe- nothing yet...i thought pike would slaughter that colour scheme....hmm maybe its a NB muskie crusher then!! ;)
Rap Salwater Magnum- I was throwing this lure with my buddies baitcaster last year and had a big hit but missed it(rookie with baitcasting gear)...left a few nice scratches!
Gold sided green grid back- nothing on it yet, haven't thrown it too much.
Green gridded side black back with beetle- accounted for my second largest walleye of the summer. I accidently hit the side of the boat and broke the bill off later in the summer. :(

I have another 20 or so lures that i need to topcoat and take pics of...soon i guess since full on fishing is beginning to happen!

2 weeks ago we were icefishing for lake trout. A few days ago we were in t-shirts and doing some yellow perch fishing from my buddies boat! We also sight fished for northern pike in 5-6 feet deep, but we couldn't catch them...tough bite this time of year. We are going out tomorrow to try again.

As for the move, we have been showing our house every other week, but nobody is buying yet! In the meantime its fishing time!!

#7 Jay (Fisherpunk)

Jay (Fisherpunk)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

enjoy the pike and walleye while you can! and maybe bring me a walleye fillet when you finally move up here ;) Glad to hear these lures are getting some action and looking forward to pics of the fresh ones!
I may have never met you, but when I do, we will always have a story to tell. We will always have something to debate. You will always something I can learn from and I will always have something to share with you. We are all Anglers, and I will always consider you to be a friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users