Half Moon to Boiestown Canoe Run in the Summer - Canoes/Kayaks - New Brunswick Fishing

Photo

Half Moon to Boiestown Canoe Run in the Summer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FishChaser

FishChaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

I've read a few blogs about non-fisherman mostly canoeing this stretch in the spring when the water is high and challenging.  Anyone ever tried during mid summer under good fishing conditions?

Some of the bloggers stated their water levels and they actually at times weren't that different from healthy summer levels

#2 Ace

Ace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:09 PM

After this weekend I would not recommend canoeing from half moon to Boiestown.... Unless we get a monsoon the river is low and a pain in the but to canoe... Getting hung up every 20 feet for 3 days is no fun...

#3 FishChaser

FishChaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:00 PM

So if water levels are around 1.5m at the end of July, like they are right now i should be good to go then eh

If not then maybe we'll do Norrads bridge to Doaktown

#4 Brent

Brent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Locationrusagonis

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

The Blackville gauge is at 2m. right now, and there would be plenty of water.  Yes, I'd expect 1.5 would be plenty of water, with a few bony stretches.  I'd expect to pole some of the distance much below that.

brent

#5 FishChaser

FishChaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:06 PM

Ok thanks for the info. Will have to keep an eye out. Never know, could get a few good rains before we go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users