#1 Amace

Amace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSaint john

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:12 PM

Joslin Creek Basin, above Kings Landing, just below Prince William....
Anyone ever fish here? I'm hoping there's fish and am going to try it, but I'm in for a 2 hour drive to get there. Was wondering what there might be in there (if anything)? Hoping to find smallies!!

#2 I Fish

I Fish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

there are bass in there but surrounded by private property and no real spot to launch a boat from the highway or anywhere to park.

#3 Amace

Amace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSaint john

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

Thanks "I Fish". We actually have kayaks and on the south side there's a little spot (you can see from google earth) off the highway that is easy to launch from. My family and friends went up this am and I caught 3 species there, which was a huge surprise to me! There were decent sized pickerel (19" or so), but they were few and far between. We caught them mostly along the north side of the basin, even though there isn't any "usual" pickerel weeds or cover that you'd usually expect. Lots of smallmouth, but on the small side (12-14"), and we even caught a few random perch; I suspect what we thought were small bass strikes were actually perch too small to take our #4 wide gap hooks. Haha. I agree though, anything other than a canoe or kayak and you'd never get in there. It was a great adventure/exploration with the family though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users