4 replies to this topic

#1 mrbig

mrbig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:10 PM

Hey guys,

I'm looking for help locating boat slips on the Miramichi waters. I would like to locate an easily accessible slip near Quarryville. I know of the one under the bridge but I am told it is very tricky with rocks and fast current. This will be my first trip fishing spring salmon and only my second season on the boat. I have been to the boat launch in Red Bank and it is great but is there good action for spring salmon up that way? I am definitely looking to make it a success! Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

#2 FishChaser

FishChaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:51 PM

There is one just a couple hundred yards up the Renous in Quarryville, used to be a lot easier than under the bridge.  Haven't used it in a few years but used to basically be able to launch with a car at that one.    

If you have an SUV or Truck with 4 wheel drive then the campground side of Quarryville under the bridge isn't bad at all for launching Jon boat sized boats.  The other side people don't normally launch from.

#3 duckboy2010

duckboy2010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Locationoromocto

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:50 PM

I used the launch under the bridge at Quarryville last Saturday. It is steep so I recommend a 4 wheel drive. The water is fast but shallow enough to push pull the boat off and on the trailer with waders on. We only got one salmon on Saturday and saw 4 others caught at Quarryville. I have heard there was good fishing this week at Redbank. Where exactly is the launch at Redbank?

#4 canada mike

canada mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:45 AM

Water levels are low enough so launching at Quarryville shouldn't be a problem. Bring waders . to Launch at red bank go straight past the school.( You don't want to go across the bridge). Take the first right you come to. Should be a sign there. It is on the reserve. 

#5 duckboy2010

duckboy2010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Locationoromocto

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: salmon fishing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users