4 replies to this topic

#1 Stroover

Stroover

Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2366 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

Does anybody know if there is such a program that exists in which you can conceive your new concept flies via computer software?

For example, you could create your new fly by cliking on various materials and see what it would look like before you actually start tying it?

#2 SlickTrick

SlickTrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

Not sure about this, but I have encountered a few products (quite antiquated now) for storing a catalog of your materials, and some patterns.

I am a computer guy, but now a programmer, and I am trying to figure out how to build an access database that will keep an inventory of your materials, and a cross reference to what you can make with it. I am trying also to put some sort of 'stock' count on it, so that you know you need to order/purchase a certain material once you reach ~25% remaining etc..

The products wont run on Linux, or any 64bit OS For those still using XP it would probably work. I think I may try it on an XP virtual machine and port it to a more modern format...  If I am successful, I will make it available. I just have to get permission from the creator.

#3 Jim VE9WH

Jim VE9WH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
  • LocationSaint John, NB

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

If it is an access database, it will run on windows 7 64 bit, I have a few DB's running that way. Using Office 2010 Pro.

Jim VE9WH

#4 Jim VE9WH

Jim VE9WH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
  • LocationSaint John, NB

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Not sure if this is any good, but worth a try. http://www.delawarer...ee/flyfree.html

Jim VE9WH

#5 SlickTrick

SlickTrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationQuispamsis

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

If it is an access database, it will run on windows 7 64 bit, I have a few DB's running that way. Using Office 2010 Pro.

The one to which I am referring to was written in Access 2.0, and I have tried running it. It said "Operating system not supported" which means that it is 8 or 16bit (DOS based), from the Windows 95 days. I am also using Office 2013 Pro. I really ought to learn some of this stuff in better detail. I am getting rusty on it.

Thanks for the link, this may save me from recreating the wheel so to speak.

Edit: The software was called SuperFly on a 486 computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users