2 replies to this topic

#1 Chad

Chad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

Happy Friday! 

Been out the last few years with my in-laws in Cape Breton near Little Narrows, and the whole family loved it. So this year I finally got us geared up with a hub shelter and auger (toboggan pending), and now I'm looking to get out on the ice... been reading about Rexton/Richibucto, and have a contact in Notre Dame, but wondering if anyone has been out on the ice around Shediac this year? 

Also, read about Queens Wharf Road in Shediac, wondering what other places I should check out anywhere between Point-du-Chene and Cocagne that are relatively easy to access, as I'll be bringing my son along whenever I can...

Happy Trails,

Chad

#2 Retroboy

Retroboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:14 AM

Welcome to the local sport and the forum Chad. I can't speak for the north fishing opportunities but I'll note that Canadian Tire has some of the smaller black fishing-gear sleds on sale this week if you want to grab one. Call ahead though. 

#3 Chad

Chad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

thanks for the info. As it turns up, I'd already gone in to take a look at the sleds at CT, and the Pelican sleds have a rounded and tapered front end to them. might be ok for carrying a cooler and a bag or two, but they are pretty light-weight and not a lot of useable room for long gear, like the hub shelter.

Bass Pro has several sizes of Jet Sled and the 43" version is around the same price as the one at CT, and they have a few other sizes that are less pricey than at CT.  the Jet Sleds are also a bit more rugged from what I've seen, and more easily modified/reinforced as they are more squared. I'm also considering rigging it up as a Smitty sled, as was suggested in another post, so square is better in that respect as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users