49 replies to this topic

#21 Morton

Morton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

It's sounds like someone complaining about tubers where as I see that it's usually anglers mess I end up cleaning up. We were up tubing in that exact spot a couple weeks ago and there was no mess there at all. Matter of fact the only place we saw beer bottles was where there was people fishing. It seams some, not all anglers feel the water is there for their sole use and complain about tubers or jet skis etc, well yes suck it up buttercup, it's there for all of us to use

#22 Brent

Brent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Locationrusagonis

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

Oh, I think sharing the water is reasonable.  Truth be told, the right to navigate is well protected under the Navigable Waters Protection Act.  We can close waters to fishing, but not to passage by boat.  I think on some level, the issue of littering is related to the amount of 'stuff' a recreational user can carry.  A wading fisherman with a fishing vest and a rod is not going to burden himself with much extraneous stuff, so little is available to be left behind.  A fellow fishing from shore a short distance from his car can bring a cooler and a portable barbecue and a Happy Meal right to the shoreline.  Someone in a tube can tow a cooler full of beverages and edibles behind him.  A couple of fellows in a canoe can carry an unimaginable amount of 'stuff' with them.  Anyone who's been on one of the traditional May 24 runs down the more popular rivers can attest to the gravity-defying feats of packing that paddlers can achieve.  Lots of them bring the detritus back out with them, but enough don't bother. Perhaps its not fair to generalize behaviour based on recreational pursuit.  I suspect if you're a litter pig, you're a litter pig in ALL aspects of your life.  We probably just don't notice it in the city and in the fast food parking lots any more, whereas a single beer can on a trout stream is downright offensive.

brent

#23 TheRealCraigAC

TheRealCraigAC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:39 AM

I went tubing last weekend and am prod to say our group of 9 left nothing in the water.

The place we went to (Nashwaak River Tubing I believe) checks for glass and employs scuba divers in the fall to clean up that stretch of the river. I doubt that all tubing companies do that but it is nice to see one that is responsible.

If f = the optimal number of rods to own
and x = your current number of rods
then f = x + 1

#24 Brent

Brent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Locationrusagonis

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

Craig: That's very encouraging (on both accounts). Thanks for sharing your experience.  Clearly it pays to patronize entrepreneurs who know how to spell their service. <_<

brent

#25 SG_Noodles

SG_Noodles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

Sg_noodles as far as "these people" leaving beer cans and bottles behind I have found wayyyyy more garbage an bottles and cans etc from people fishing then people tubing. Suck it up and learn to share the water, it doesn't just belong to us anglers.

I by no way implied that we shouldn't have to share the water, nor that it is only tubers that leave garbage, I know that many anglers are guilty of it as well, and I am one of the first to complain about them doing it, and I also lug a lot of fishing trash I find to bins as well. I was only recounting a recent experience I had on a known tubing water. Just because some fisherman don't respect the water that tubers may use, doesn't give the tubers carte blanch to disrespect the water we use. It is a shared resource, and anyone...ANYONE... should be held accountable for the mess they make, or we all may lose the privilege of having clean, beautiful waters for our recreations, whatever those recreations might be. 

He never once claimed the water belonged to anglers, he was simply highlighting an easily addressed source of trash on a watershed. He even provided the fact the trash was at a spot where tubers typically would be exiting the river. I fail to see how he has to "suck it up", because last I checked its litter regardless of where it came from. 

Yeah, I prefer not to suck things up... unless it's spilt beer, and the surface is relatively clean :)

It's sounds like someone complaining about tubers where as I see that it's usually anglers mess I end up cleaning up. We were up tubing in that exact spot a couple weeks ago and there was no mess there at all. Matter of fact the only place we saw beer bottles was where there was people fishing. It seams some, not all anglers feel the water is there for their sole use and complain about tubers or jet skis etc, well yes suck it up buttercup, it's there for all of us to use

Yes, it's there for all of us to use, but not to abuse.

#26 theslimyfisher

theslimyfisher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationmoncton

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:46 PM

man....  some people just ruin nature for others..... I know its not fishing but last year on a partridge hunting trip I found a big pile and when I say big it almost looked like someone took all the junk in there house like couches!? chairs and a bunch of garbage and just went down into the woods and dumped it because I assume they were too lazy just to bring it to an actual dump... its sad really!

#27 Retroboy

Retroboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

> because I assume they were too lazy just to bring it to an actual dump.

There's a frankly counterproductive tipping charge for anyone taking garbage to the landfills (at least, the ones in my area, anyway) for disposal. It's meant to prevent people like contractors from abusing the free service when they tear apart a house and use much greater amounts of landfill volume than the rest of us do, but it works against us for lazy a**holes that do what you just described. Just adds to the culture of litter that some people abide by, I guess.

I live in a subdivision where there's access to offroad spots that can be used for dumping. A couple guys in a pickup truck loaded with construction debris drove through last year, heading toward the offroad wooded areas where I frequently take a walk, and it was obvious what they were up to. I happened to have my phone out at the time so I pretended to take a snapshot of their truck's license at a stopsign when they were watching. Their turnsignal immediately went on and they left the subdivision. Yeah, they probably went somewhere else to do their nasty deed, but maybe they didn't, and even so it was a pretty strong reminder to them that some people didn't like what they were up to.

#28 Morton

Morton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

Lokithx once again welcome to a conversation that's not about you but here you are anyway lol, shouldn't you be making another one of your little videos. My point is in his post noodles mentioned " these people" referring to tubers leaving bottles and cans etc, I was pointing out that I have seen far more trash left by anglers. Your right noodles I shouldn't have told u to suck it up

#29 khz

khz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:09 PM

Morton - you r too polite. Tell him that's internet littering. 

Lokithx ... making another one of your little videos. ...

#30 Morton

Morton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:14 AM

Lol

#31 Lokithx

Lokithx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationMoncton NB

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:30 AM

Lokithx once again welcome to a conversation that's not about you but here you are anyway lol, shouldn't you be making another one of your little videos. My point is in his post noodles mentioned " these people" referring to tubers leaving bottles and cans etc, I was pointing out that I have seen far more trash left by anglers. Your right noodles I shouldn't have told u to suck it up

Last I checked Morton, you were here being abrasive to someone for no reason. Pretty sure thats the very definition of a conversation you should butt out of. The conversation wasn't about you or your poor attitude. As for Khz you simply have an account to feed arguments it seems. Your opinion couldn't mean much less to me.

If you boys have anything constructive to say I'm all ears. Otherwise your negative attitudes would be better suited elsewhere. 

#32 Lokithx

Lokithx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationMoncton NB

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

I went tubing last weekend and am prod to say our group of 9 left nothing in the water.

The place we went to (Nashwaak River Tubing I believe) checks for glass and employs scuba divers in the fall to clean up that stretch of the river. I doubt that all tubing companies do that but it is nice to see one that is responsible.

That's really commendable on their part.

#33 Morton

Morton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

I wasn't being abrasive to anyone first of all and second of all I certainly wasn't even speaking to you. You were just defending noodles then I was just defending tubers lol. Perhaps you should focus a little more on your little movie you make and less on what I have to say to others. You don't like what I have to say then don't read it that's what I do when I see you post yet another little clip, I don't watch it.

#34 Admeister

Admeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NB

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:51 AM

I wasn't being abrasive to anyone first of all and second of all I certainly wasn't even speaking to you. You were just defending noodles then I was just defending tubers lol. Perhaps you should focus a little more on your little movie you make and less on what I have to say to others. You don't like what I have to say then don't read it that's what I do when I see you post yet another little clip, I don't watch it.

You realize you hijacked this post, right? You're also deliberatly bullying a member of the forums. As you say in your post, if you don't like something, don't read or watch it, no problem. That also means not targetting someone else belligerently to tell them you don't like what they have to contribute. You may want to brush up on the forum rules.

#35 Morton

Morton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

Yeah I'll be sure to do that, thanks admeister lol

#36 GoverL

GoverL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

Hey!!  I look forward to LOKITHX little videos...was going to make one myself but lose the Micro card.

wish i could get out there and fish those bass...on a fly.

#37 Morton

Morton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

Really?

#38 GoverL

GoverL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

Really Really

#39 Morton

Morton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

Ok let me clear a few things up as I am coming accorded as an *******. I have admitted that I should not have told noodles to suck it up. As of late I have seen a lot of anglers complaining about boaters/ tubers or jet skis etc leaving trash around or making waves when their fishing etc, my point is 99% of trash I have found and picked up belongs to anglers, sad but true and has annoying as it can be at times we have to share the waters the same as we have to share our roads with people who can't drive. As far as Lothiks I concerned perhaps I was rude with him as I generally don't care for him or his videos, and I'll just leave it at that. Thanks to some PMs I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the videos but that is neither here nor there.

#40 Lokithx

Lokithx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationMoncton NB

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

but that is neither here nor there.

Just like the PMs about you, they don't have any relevance. Let's leave it there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users