#1 reelingitupfishing

reelingitupfishing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

New video on a collaboration channel that was formed with Lokithx and bnoseworthy! I go over some of the basics on how to wacky rig to help those who may be unfamiliar with the fishing style!

#2 Lokithx

Lokithx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationMoncton NB

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

Our first collab instructional and definitely not the last one.

#3 Retroboy

Retroboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

Excellent job on the narration, gents. That's a quality tutorial right there, and the senko and fish action at the end sells it.

More please.

#4 reelingitupfishing

reelingitupfishing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMoncton

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:33 PM

Excellent job on the narration, gents. That's a quality tutorial right there, and the senko and fish action at the end sells it.

More please.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback and am glad you liked the video! If you have any tutorials, or tips and tricks videos that you would like us to cover in the future, feel free to let us know!

Happy fishn'!

#5 Brent

Brent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Locationrusagonis

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:28 AM

Nice job!  Very informative, I thought.

brent

#6 casey hayward

casey hayward

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationHopewell Cape

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:38 AM

Great vid Trenton, have u tried this method for pickerel??

#7 Lokithx

Lokithx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationMoncton NB

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

The method is tried and true for pickerel.

We should have wrote a bit for it - you alter the retrieve to keep it closer to the top with more speed. The hook position prevents a lot of weed accumulation. The unfortunate part is pickerel will often smash too far to one side, but they will often come back for another attempt. They will tend to shred the senko quite badly too.

#8 Admeister

Admeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NB

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:00 AM

Fantastic! Great job! I don't have a wacky Rigr or O rings so I've just been hooking through the worms.  Great tip about the nails! I fished a wacky senko with a jighead last time I was out but it seemed like it might have been a bit much, it had an impact on the action.

Re Pickerel ^ I've seen what you're talking about! I had half a money-maker ripped off by a Pick the other day, so I picked up some actual Senkos, they seem a lot sturdier.

#9 SG_Noodles

SG_Noodles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

Great vid guys. I picked up some O rings the other day at Fredericton Outfitters, and while having the rigging tool is good, it isn't necessary. i was able to roll the O rings right up the worm by hand. The rings definitely save the worm, well worth the investment.

#10 Lokithx

Lokithx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationMoncton NB

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

For senkos yeah, I agree. Although Trent has pointed out to me that the tool can be used to wacky rig other things that don't have an easy point to roll the ring up on.

#11 Stroover

Stroover

Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2366 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

I'm not hearing any sound, but regardless the video is clear about what to do. Nice.

#12 Lokithx

Lokithx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationMoncton NB

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

Sound is still workin, had me wondering for a sec ;)

#13 Retroboy

Retroboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

STROOVER MAYBE YOU WENT DEAF OR SOMETHING

:)

#14 Coach

Coach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFredericton

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

Great job on the video guys, nice to see and hear the proper way to present the bait during the reel in.

#15 SG_Noodles

SG_Noodles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

I followed these instructions last week, and landed four smallies in 20 minutes on Fathers Day... in the rain. I probably could have had more, but it only took 20 minutes for that rain to get through my rain jacket and the cold chill to settle into my bones. LOL

#16 Retroboy

Retroboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationSaint John

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:13 PM

Maybe you can use a senko rigging tool to seal off your neck and wrists...?  :D

#17 RayBob

RayBob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

Interesting presentation.

I've fished wacky style for years down in the southern US but even when I lived in Maine with its good smallie populations I rarely (or never) fished my Senko style baits wacky.  Usually weightless Texas rigging with the hook more midline in the bait.  Yet, here are a few tips that may help:

If you have trouble acquiring the O-rings you can wrap the bait with electrical tape and then insert the hook through the body of the bait ... this will help with durability.

Senko brand has such a high salt content their density is such that they sink pretty well on their own.

If wanting to customize pegging the ends of the baits (as in sticking a nail into it for a "head down" presentation I use solid copper wire (left over from home wiring jobs , especially new construction), I cut it to custom length with diagonal pliers.  The gauge of the wire can also be chosen to fit the circumstances.  When cut a natural sharp end is created.

I use straight finesse worms more often here vs Senkos.  I like the Zoom products but dozens of companies make straight worms.  http://zoombait.com/...ick/trick-worm/  

I found this video very informative:  

Lastly, these hooks from Gamakatsu are the bomb:  http://www.gamakatsu...ks.php?pid=1037  The weed guard is quite soft and flexible.

I have been wacky fishing for 25 years and it one of the techniques I have the utmost confidence in. 

#18 Tigars1966

Tigars1966

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

Cabella's are selling stick bait with the O Ring embedded in the bait.  No need for the wacky tool.  Nice idea.

#19 Lokithx

Lokithx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationMoncton NB

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

The built in stick baits are less than stellar in terms of quality control. You're also limited to the brands colour selection. Its a novel idea with a poor execution imo.

#20 SG_Noodles

SG_Noodles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

Smacked 6 more Smallies in the Headpond with Wacky Rigs on Friday night. I'm a little addicted. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users